Sunday, August 3, 2008

Rocky, a very good friend

My second life is richly decorated by many wonderful people. Great friends with brains, compassion, wit and patience. They are generous with their time, knowledge and laughter.

I'm quite sure I met Rocky at the reference desk. He and his dear, wonderful wife Cindy visited one night when we were all in rare form. Rocky dove right in with his own brand of humor. But, he always seemed to be at the edge of the crowd. When I asked why that was, he replied, "I'm making sure I have a quick exit handy"!

I'm so glad that he never took that exit.

One of the best things about becoming friends with people is discovering the many talents and skills they have. Some of these aspects are immediately seen. Others take time, and the right circumstances to show themselves. For example, Rocky is a thoughtful, evocative writer.

This is shown by the speech written by Rocky in the previous post. Honestly, I could hardly believe it when I read it! I should not have been surprised, it is everything that Rocky is, wise, intelligent, thoughtful, and expressive! Please scroll down and read it, it is worth your time.

Rocky, I am so proud to call you my friend!

HJ

(And, no one passes funnier notes in class than Mr. Vallejo).

No comments: