Friday, June 6, 2008

Hi Friends!

Two weeks ago tonight, a rather dramatic brainstorm hit while at the Jazz Cat! Why not a newsletter for our dear InfoGroupies! Ideas were just pouring out from everyone. A calendar, profiles of members, places to visit, things to do, pats on the back, and so on!

Waldron suggested a blog. He said it would be simple and best of all free! So, I decided to go to our friend Google to look into a blog. Imagine my surprise! I already had started one! Not for the Groupies, but for me. (Don't bother looking at it, its empty and dull)!

What makes our group so special is our member's amazing range of talent and willingness to share. This will not be a great blog if it is only my blog. Of course, I'd love to see you posting here, and often. But more than that your input on content and features is essential.

For example, that calendar....how in the heck do I do that? And what should I put on the calendar? Do you know of an event? How about posting rez days? Partnering? The acquisition of that new skin?

How about photos? Our snapshots are great, lets share them here! Who would you like to know more about? Who should be interviewed? Let me know.

Have a short story or poem or book you might like to recommend? Let me know!

Ok, here goes! My first blog and blog post! Woo hooooooo!

You are the very best folks anywhere, RL or SL!

HJ

6 comments:

eqrEQWReqwre said...

Tt seem I have the honor of the first comment.
Sure you are a nature's force, Hollyjean, always moving and growing.
Thanks a lot, and good luck!
Muchas gracias y mucha suerte!

Espin Carroll

Magdalena Kamenev said...

Yay!!!

Maybe you can also put notices here, like stuff about the book club. :>

marfita said...

Great news! How do we contribute?

Amalia said...

Very very nice! I too would like to contribute!
Where do I sign up? How do you add pages like for photos?

Unknown said...

Infomaniac Gazette! w00t!

Many of us have ning profiles. From mine you can link to Lludmila's, Haldin's, Stolvano's, Draco's, Sonja's and others'.

Lorie Hyten said...

HOLY MOLY!!!! you go HJ! Do you EVER run out of gas??????

Before y'all go to overboard don't forget RezLibris is gearing up to begin publishing this summer...and we ALSO will be looking for contributions on people and places related to librarianship in whatever form it takes!!!! That said, the magazine won't have the immediacy of a blog....for comments like this:
WOOOOOOOTTTTT!